Mr. Imm keeps his writing about Islamic supremacism at a high level of abstraction. I wanted to see the details of its source, so I visited www.ask.com and put the question: What causes Islamic supremacism? Jeffrey Imm's articles were at the top of the list.
I also ran a search for Robert Spencer's articles on the subject; this one looked promising:
The American Muslim, terrorism, and Islamic supremacism. He brings out the source of Islamic aggression, but neglects the source of supremacism.
It is not easy to separate supremacism from aggression & triumphalism; they are severely entangled.
Lets visit Ask's Dictionary.com to be sure we are discussing the same thing.
Stipulating for purpose of debate that Islam is a religion, which it really ain't, where would Muslims get the idea that Islam is superior to all other religions? To answer this question, we must turn to the foundation of Islam, Allah's book.
the belief that some particular group or race is superior to all others; "white supremacism"
At the time of this writing, quranbrowser.com timed out, so I visited Islamicity and searched Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation for supreme, finding 27 matches.
- 2:255 Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the supreme (in glory).
- 4:13 Those are limits set by Allah. those who obey Allah and His Messenger will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide therein (for ever) and that will be the supreme achievement.
- 9:63 Know they not that for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, is the Fire of Hell?- wherein they shall dwell. That is the supreme disgrace.
- 9:72 Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah. that is the supreme felicity.
- 9:89 Allah hath prepared for them gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein: that is the supreme felicity.
- 9:100 The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes) and of those who gave them aid, and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well- pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity.
- 9:111 Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah. then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.
- 9:129 But if they turn away, Say: "(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) supreme!"
- 10:64 For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.
- 12:39 "O my two companions of the prison! (I ask you): are many lords differing among themselves better, or the One Allah, supreme and Irresistible?
- 13:13 Nay, thunder repeateth His praises, and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will..yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!
- 13:16 Say: "Who is the Lord and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth?" Say: "(It is) Allah." Say: "Do ye then take (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for good or for harm to themselves?" Say: "Are the blind equal with those who see? Or the depths of darkness equal with light?" Or do they assign to Allah partners who have created (anything) as He has created, so that the creation seemed to them similar? Say: "(Allah) is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the supreme and Irresistible."
- 23:86 Say: "Who is the Lord of the seven heavens, and the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) supreme?"
- 27:26 "(Allah)!- there is no god but He!- Lord of the Throne supreme!"
- 27:40 Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, supreme in Honour !"
- 32:21 And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return.
- 36:81 "Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth able to create the like thereof?" - Yea, indeed! for He is the Creator supreme, of skill and knowledge (infinite)!
- 37:60 Verily this is the supreme achievement! [Being removed from Hellfire.]
- 38:65 Say: "Truly am I a Warner: no god is there but the one Allah, supreme and Irresistible,-
- 38:67 Say: "That is a Message supreme (above all),-
- 44:57 As a Bounty from thy Lord! that will be the supreme achievement!
- 56:46 And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!
- 56:74 Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the supreme!
- 56:96 So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the supreme.
- 59:23 Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the supreme: Glory to Allah. (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.
- 61:12 He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the supreme Achievement.
- 64:9 The Day that He assembles you (all) for a Day of Assembly,- that will be a Day of mutual loss and gain (among you), and those who believe in Allah and work righteousness,- He will remove from them their ills, and He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that will be the supreme Achievement.
- 2:255 supreme in glory
- 9:129 lord of the supreme throne of glory
- 12:39 supreme and irresistable
- 13:13 supreme power
- 13:16 supreme and irresistable
- 23:86 lord of the supreme throne of glory
- 27:26 lord of the supreme throne
- 27:40 supreme in honor
- 36:81 supreme creator
- 38:65 supreme and irresistable
- 56:74 your lord the supreme
- 56:96 your lord the supreme
- 59:23 Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace
ALLAH" is the Arabic name for THE ONE SUPREME UNIVERSAL GOD. ... THE ONE SUPREME UNIVERSAL GOD. In ... ONLY to Allah "ALLAH-HU-AKBAR" means "Allah is Greater" ... www.hajis.co.uk/If Allah is supreme--the greater, then is not his religion, righly understood & practiced superior?
3:19. Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account.Herein lies the problem; the doctrine of domination. Islam must be maid to dominate the world because Allah said so.
3:83. Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism worshipping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.
3:55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'Iesa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad , 'Iesa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."Notice that in 3:55, Allah tells Jesus that his followers will be superior to the disbelievers. Let us turn to Ibn Kathir's Tafsir for elaboration which will clarify this matter.
9:33. It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad ) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).
22:78. And strive hard in Allah's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islamic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islam), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islamic Monotheism). It is He (Allah) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'an), that the Messenger (Muhammad ) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform AsSalat (Iqamat-as-Salat), give Zakat and hold fast to Allah [i.e. have confidence in Allah, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper!
48:28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad ) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), that He may make it (Islam) superior over all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness.
61:9. He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad ) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah and in His Messenger Muhammed ) hate (it).
Throughout this time, the Christians had the upper hand and dominated the Jews. Allah aided them against the Jews because they used to be closer to the truth than the Jews, even though both groups were and still are disbelievers, may Allah's curse descend on them.
When Allah sent Muhammad , those who believed in him also believed in Allah, His Angels, Books and Messengers in the correct manner. So they were the true followers of every Prophet who came to earth. They believed in the unlettered Prophet , the Final Messenger and the master of all mankind, who called them to believe in the truth in its entirety. This is why they had more right to every Prophet than his own nation, especially those who claim to follow their Prophet's way and religion, yet change and alter his religion. Furthermore, Allah abrogated all the laws that were sent down to the Prophets with the Law He sent Muhammad with, which consists of the true religion that shall never change or be altered until the commencement of the Last Hour. Muhammad's religion shall always be dominant and victorious over all other religions. This is why Allah allowed Muslims to conquer the eastern and western parts of the world and the kingdoms of the earth. Furthermore, all countries submitted to them; they demolished Kisra (king of Persia) and destroyed the Czar, ridding them of their treasures and spending these treasures for Allah's sake. All this occurred just as their Prophet told them it would, when he conveyed Allah's statement,(Allah has promised those among you who believe and do righteous good deeds, that He will certainly grant them succession in the land, as He granted it to those before them, and that He will grant them the authority to practice their religion which He has chosen for them. And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear (provided) they worship Me and do not associate anything with Me.) ﴿24:55﴾.
Therefore, Muslims are the true believers in `Isa. The Muslims then acquired Ash-Sham from the Christians, causing them to evacuate to Asia Minor, to their fortified city in Constantinople. The Muslims will be above them until the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, he, Muhammad , who is truthful and who received the true news, has conveyed to Muslims that they will conquer Constantinople in the future, and seize its treasures.[Altering the Religion of `Isa]
From 9:33, 22:78, 48:28 and 61:9 we learn that Allah sent Moe to make his word superior. If you read the context in Surah As Saff, you will discover that the meaning is military: Islam is to dominate by force of arms. What did we learn from the tafsir?
- Christians had the upper hand and dominated the Jews.
- Allah aided them against the Jews
- Muslims are the true followers of every Prophet who came to earth.
- Muhammad's religion shall always be dominant and victorious.
- allowed Muslims to conquer
- Muslims are the true believers in `Isa.
- The Muslims will be above them until the Day of Resurrection.
- That they will conquer Constantinople.
Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 65:Allah's cause is to make Islam dominate the world by military force. Allah is supreme because he is the only deity; creator of everything in existence. Islam is superior because it is 'Allah's religion'. Islam is uncorrupted, other texts have been altered, denigrating their authenticity & authority.
Narrated Abu Musa:
A man came to the Prophet and asked, "A man fights for war booty; another fights for fame and a third fights for showing off; which of them fights in Allah's Cause?" The Prophet said, "He who fights that Allah's Word (i.e. Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause."
9:111 informs us that the Muslim's contract with Allah is the supreme achievement. 61:11 reveals the meaning of that contract.
61:11 . That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know!