For background information about the meetings, see this Reuters article of 11/06/08.
The statement includes an enumerated list of fifteen points which present a target rich environment In this installment, I'll take on the second point of agreement.[Links & emphasis added.]
Human life is a most precious gift of God to each person. It should therefore be preserved and honoured in all its stages.Lets examine what Allah & Moe had to say about the precious gift of life.
- Concerning those who fight Muslims, Allah said: "And kill them wherever you find them" 2:191
- Concerning hypocrites (Muslims adverse to Jihad), Allah said: "But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them". 4:89
- Concerning others who wished security against Moe, Allah said: "take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them" 4:91
- Concerning the Mekkans, Allah said: "then kill the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush" 9:5
- Concerning Jews & Christians who reject Islam, Allah said: "Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the last day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth, until they pay tribute out of hand, and they be humbled." 9:29 [Rodwell]
- Concerning nearby disbelievers, Allah said: "Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you" 9:123
- Concerning the lives & property of disbelievers, Moe said that they become sacred to Muslims when the disbelievers become Muslims. It is obvious from this saying, that our lives are not sacred to Muslims. "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah." Bukhari 1.8.387
What is the meaning of waging war against Allah? Ibn Kathir tells us explicitly in his tafsir.
- `Wage war' mentioned here means, oppose and contradict, and it includes disbelief, blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways. The Punishment of those Who Cause Mischief in the Land
Because you do not believe in Allah and worship him exactly as Moe did, you are a rebel against Allah, and may be killed by Muslims without penalty. When good negotiates with evil, good loses.
Click this link for A Common Word between Us and You, which precipitated the recent meetings. [Note the Events section, a recent addition to the page]. A Common Word's home page includes a summary, the missive, media reports, blog posts and various responses from Christian & Jewish leaders. Click this link: Islamic Extortion Letter for my original dissection of the missive or this link: Go Burn With Muhammad, a blog devoted to dissecting the missive and reactions to it.