I want you to resolve never to vote for a candidate for high office who does not clearly condemn Moe's War Cult for what it is. I want you to have your eyes and ears open, and your mind clear, ready to detect the spew of lies that flows whenever the subject of Islam heats up. The truth will not make you free if you do not recognize it and reject the lies which oppose it.
- Well, Pamela, first of all everybody is crying out loud for Muslims to take the initiative to bring about a positive change and this cultural center that is being built is to do precisely that, to give a voice to the moderate Muslims so we can subside the extremists among us. It is good- et should be [unintelligible] by every American that moderate Muslims take charge and speak up. And this cultural center will house--one part of the cultural center is a prayer place, but most of it is talking about pluralism and how to get along, learning about each other and what this center is gonna do is a very welcome thing to do. And as for your comment about Muslims and jihad, its one of the most mistranslated verses that you're couching on for the last eight or nine centuries. Look at the Mohammad Asad translation and eighteen other translations. you are going by what was wrongly translated, not rightly translated, Pamela.
- We should not tolerate any teachings of Jihad, anywhere in the world, not only in America. Muslims turn up against that kind of teaching.
- [About Taqiyya] It is not in the Qur'an, you can't lie to the public, Pamela...
- How will a Mosque, where Muslims gather to pray for our destruction, make any positive change in the damnable doctrines of Islam?
- "Moderate Muslims" is an alias for what Moe called hypocrites, whose Islam goes no deeper than their throats, who are to be defeated and gathered into Hell along with us. The meek do not inherit the earth while the aggressors are running it.
- Pluralism? Islam demands a total monopoly on faith and practice, it is not multicultural.
- How to get along? No, its how to conquer and dominate.
- Jihad is ordained for Muslims, made mandatory by Surah al-Baqarah 216.
Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not.
* v.216 : To fight in the cause of Truth is one of the highest form of charity. What can you offer that is more precious than your own life? But here again the limitations come in. If you are a mere brawler, or a selfish aggressive person, or a vainglorious bully, you deserve the highest censure. If you offer your life to the righteous Iman, who is only guided by God, you are an unselfish here. God knows the value of things better than you do. [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]
FIGHTING is ordained for you, even though it be hateful to you; but it may well be that you hate a thing the while it is good for you, and it may well be that you love a thing the while it is bad for you: and God knows, whereas you do not know.
* v.216 : Insofar as it relates to fighting, this verse must be read in conjunction with 2:190-193 and 22:39: but it expresses, in addition, a general truth applicable to many situations.[Mohammad Asad]
- 3:28. Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Auliyâ (supporters, helpers, etc.) instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allâh in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allâh warns you against Himself (His Punishment), and to Allâh is the final return.
- Let not the believers take the disbelievers as patrons, rather than, that is, instead of, the believers — for whoever does that, that is, [whoever] takes them as patrons, does not belong to, the religion of, God in anyway — unless you protect yourselves against them, as a safeguard (tuqātan, ‘as a safeguard’, is the verbal noun from taqiyyatan), that is to say, [unless] you fear something, in which case you may show patronage to them through words, but not in your hearts: this was before the hegemony of Islam and [the dispensation] applies to any individual residing in a land with no say in it. God warns you, He instills fear in you, of His Self, [warning] that He may be wrathful with you if you take them as patrons; and to God is the journey’s end, the return, and He will requite you. [Jalalayn]
- 16:106. Whoever disbelieved in Allâh after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allâh, and theirs will be a great torment.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn is fairly terse, yet it clarifies the meaning of verses sufficiently. Ibn Kathir's Tafsir is more verbose and one of the most accepted. http://www.qtafsir.com/ has a search engine with which you can look up verses by the Surah: Ayeh numbers. Here are the titles of the tafsir most relevant to this issue. Clicking them will display the Arabic text, related ahadith and Ibn Kathir's explanations.
- The Command for Endurance when the Enemy Engaging
- The Command for Jihad against the Disbelievers and the Hypocrites
- The Command to fight Those Who fight Muslims and killing Them wherever They are found
- The Command to strike the Enemies’ Necks, tighten Their Bonds, and then free Them either by an Act of Grace or for a Ransom
- The Order to fight People of the Scriptures until They give the Jizyah
- The Order for Jihad against the Disbelievers, the Closest, then the Farthest Areas
- The Order to fight to eradicate Shirk and Kufr
- The Order to fight until there is no more Fitnah
- The Order for Jihad against the Disbelievers and Hypocrites
- Making Preparations for War to strike Fear in the Hearts of the Enemies of Allah
- Muslims invoke Allah for Help, Allah sends the Angels to help Them
Riyad us-Saliheen, Book 11, Chapter 234 presents the most relevant ahadith with commentary. Shari'ah is based on both sources. Its most accepted codification is Reliance of the Traveller.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO9-0.html Jihad defined as making war on kuffar.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO9-1.html The communal obligation to attack kuffar at least once each year.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO9-8.html The caliph makes war on Jews... codification of 9:29.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO9-9.html The caliph fights all other people... codification of 8:39.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO9-13.html Women & children enslaved by reason of capture.
- http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/RelianceO25-9.html The eighth duty of subordinate rulers: to undertake Jihad.