The petition accuses Hamas of deliberately targeting civilians and using civilians as human shields. I think they are barking up a dead tree; Ban is part of the problem, not part of the solution and the U.N. has been co-opted by Islam.
Furthermore, I doubt that Ban would have much role in initiating a prosecution. But I feel that the petition is a good start, so I added my signature, one of 22,454. I hope that you will add yours and spread the word. Lets make the pressure pile up until it becomes unbearable.
Lets get right down to brass tacks. Hamas is part of the genocide cult called Islam. The only thing differentiating a Hamas member from the mill run Muslim is his degree of zealotry.
That's right; attacking civilians & using human shields are tactical issues, distractions from the strategic plane, which is where our attention should be focused.
- 9:29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
O9.8: The Objectives of Jihad
The caliph (o25) makes war upon Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians (N: provided he has first invited them to enter Islam in faith and practice, and if they will not, then invited them to enter the social order of Islam by paying the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya, def: o11.4) -which is the significance of their paying it, not the money itself-while remaining in their ancestral religions) (O: and the war continues) until they become Muslim or else pay the non-Muslim poll tax (O: in accordance with the word of Allah Most High,
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day and who forbid not what Allah and His messenger have forbidden-who do not practice the religion of truth, being of those who have been given the Book-until they pay the poll tax out of hand and are humbled" (Koran 9.29),... [Umdat as-Salik]
- 7:167. And (remember) when your Lord declared that He would certainly keep on sending against them (i.e. the Jews), till the Day of Resurrection, those who would afflict them with a humiliating torment. Verily, your Lord is Quick in Retribution (for the disobedient, wicked) and certainly He is OftForgiving, Most Merciful (for the obedient and those who beg Allâh's Forgiveness).
- Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6985:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.
- 8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allâh desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
- Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656:
- In the future, the Jews will support the Dajjal (False Messiah); and the Muslims, along with `Isa, son of Mary, will kill the Jews. This will occur just before the end of this world. Eternal Humiliation placed on the Jews
Prosecuting Hamas for its war crimes is only scratching the surface, but it remains a necessity. Signing the petition to the Secretary General is the first step. Take it immediately.