incorrect and nonsense interpretation
Only one man was fully qualified to interpret Islam: the man who "revealed" it. Moe exemplified Islam in his speech & conduct while not "revealing" the Qur'an. Exegetes use parallel ayat & relevant hadith to determine what each ayeh means.Tafsir Ibn Kathir is detailed & loquacious but looking up ayat is not an easy task. I suggest using the search engine at http://www.qtafsir.com/ . Tafsir al-Jalalayn & Tafsir Ibn Abbas are older, less detailed and have pick lists for selecting the surah & ayeh numbers. Moe's "revelations" & sunnah are codified in Shari'ah. Reliance of the Traveller, a 1251 page tome which can be purchased from Amazon, is widely accepted and certified as authentic & accurate by sheikhs at Al-Azhar. Turn to Book O, Chapter 9 for the damnable details of offensive warfare: its definition, communal obligation, practical application and regulations. Risala is the code of the Maliki school of Islamic jurisprudence. It is less wordy and more legible than Reliance. Chapter 30 covers jihad. Hedaya is the code of the Hanifi school, arcane, dense and printed in an archaic type face. Volume II, Book IX, Chapter I confirms the offensive & perpetual nature of jihad in stark terms. The second chapter fills in some gaps concerning jizya: its punitive purpose, substitution for execution & humiliating collection procedure.
associate “Islam” to “terrorism”
Why would we think of Islam when terrorism is mentioned? In the '70s, hijacking airliners & fragging airline terminals were popular activities in various parts of the world. Who perfected those arts? Who has been waging a war of terror against Israel for more than sixty years? Who perpetrated the attacks on New York, London. Madrid, Beslan & Mumbai?Muslims do not want us to learn of the terror nexus in Islam's scripture & tradition but, so long as the First Amendment is in force, I will reveal that connection. Allah said something about the subject. Of course the terror of the day of judgment is irrelevant. Note the highlighted phrases in the quotes below.
- 7:4. How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.
- (How many a township) people of townships (have We destroyed) We tormented! (As a raid by night) or day, (or while they slept at noon, Our terror) Our punishment (came unto them). [Tafsir Ibn Abbas]
- 3:151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allâh, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers).
- Allah then mentioned the defeat of the unbelievers on the Day of Uhud, saying: (We shall cast terror) fear of you such that they run from you (into the hearts of those who disbelieve) the unbelievers of Mecca (because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed) either in a Scripture nor taught by a messenger. (Their habitation) their dwelling-place (is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers) the dwelling-place of the unbelievers is the Fire. [Tafsir Ibn Abbas]
- 8:12. (Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
- (When your Lord inspired the angels) it is also said that this means: when your Lord commanded the angels, ((saying:) I am with you) I will help you. (So make those who believe stand firm) in war; it is also said that this means: give those who believe the good news of victory. (I will throw) cast (fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve) the fear of Muhammad (pbuh) and his Companions. (Then smite the necks) their heads (and smite of them each finger) each shaped finger. [Tafsir Ibn Abbas]
- 8:57. Therefore, if you overcome them on the battlefield, deal with them very sternly, so as to strike terror among them, and to serve as a lesson for their successors. Perhaps, they would remember! [Dr. Munir Munshey & Dr. Kamal Omar ]
- (If thou comest on them) if you imprison them (in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them) such that they serve as a lesson to those who are behind them, (that haply they may remember) i.e. take admonition and avoid breaking their treaties. [Tafsir Ibn Abbas]
- 8:60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.[Abdullah Yusuf Ali]
- Make ready for them, for fighting them, whatever force you can, the Prophet (s) said that this refers to ‘archers’, as reported by Muslim, and of horses tethered (ribāt is a verbal noun, meaning, ‘restraining them [for use] in the way of God’) that thereby you may dismay, terrify, the enemy of God and your enemy, namely, the disbelievers of Mecca, and others besides them, that is, other than those — namely, the hypocrites or the Jews, whom you know not: God knows them. And whatever thing you expend in the way of God, its requital, shall be repaid to you in full, and you will not be wronged, [you will not] be diminished anything thereof. [Tafsir al-Jalalayn]
- 33:26. And those of the people of the Scripture who backed them (the disbelievers) Allâh brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives. 33:27. And He caused you to inherit their lands, and their houses, and their riches, and a land which you had not trodden (before). And Allâh is Able to do all things.
- And He brought down those of the People of the Scripture, namely, the [Banū] Qurayza, who had supported them from their strongholds (sayāsī is the plural of sīsa, and is that in which one fortifies himself [against an enemy]) and He cast terror into their hearts, [so that] some, of them, you slew, and these were the combatants, and some, of them, you took captive, namely, their children. [Tafsir al-Jalalayn]
- 59:2. He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e. the Jews of the tribe of Banî An-Nadîr) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allâh! But Allâh's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see).
- It is He Who expelled those who disbelieved of the People of the Scripture, namely, the Jews of the Banū al-Nadīr, from their homelands, [from] their dwellings at Medina, at the first exile, that is, their exile to Syria, the last [exile] being their banishment to Khaybar by ‘Umar during his caliphate. You did not think, O believers, that they would go forth, and they thought that they would be protected (māni‘atuhum is the predicate of an, ‘that’) by their fortresses (husūnuhum, the agent of the verb [māni‘atuhum], with which the predication is completed) from God, from His chastisement. But God, His command and His chastisement, came at them from whence they had not reckoned, [from whence] had never occurred to them, from the part of the believers, and He cast terror (ru‘b or ru‘ub) into their hearts, by having their chief Ka‘b b. al-Ashraf slain, destroying [as they did] (read yukharribūna; or yukhribūna, [derived] from [4th form] akhraba) their houses, in order to take away with them what they valued of wood and so on, with their own hands and the hands of the believers. So take heed, O you who have eyes! [Tafsir al-Jalalayn]
- 59:13. Verily, you (believers in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) are more awful as a fear in their (Jews of Banî An-Nadîr) breasts than Allâh. That is because they are a people who comprehend not (the Majesty and Power of Allâh).
Go back and re-read 8:57 in the light of the last highlighted clause in 59:2. Muslms are to treat victims harshly so as to strike terror in those behind them, their next anticipated victims. In 59:2, we are told to take warning from the example of the Bani An-Nadir. Intelligent readers will get a clue.Allah's Messenger also had words concerning terror, fewer than Allah's but so stark as to settle the matter beyond any shadow of doubt.
- Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 7, Number 331:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.
- Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
Allah said that he would cast terror and that he cast terror resulting in death, enslavement, destruction & dispossession. Moe said that he was made victorious with terror. Can you get a clue? Muslims, politicians, educators, clerics & the media are liars when they deny the obvious connection between Islam and terrorism: terrorism is an intrinsic sacrament of Islam.
monolithic & static
There are many sects; which of the mainstream schools of Islamic jurisprudence rejects the communal object of offensive jihad? How has Islam changed in the last 14 centuries? How do you improve upon perfection? How do you change that which is immutable?
- None can change His Words. [6:115]
- No change can there be in the Words of Allâh, this is indeed the supreme success. [10:64]
- None can change His Words, [18:27]
- No change let there be in Khalqillâh (i.e. the Religion of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), that is the straight religion, but most of men know not. [Tafsir AtTabarî, Vol 21, Page 41] [30:30}
Where do Muslims assimilate? Where do they blend in, drop their religious garb and language; where do they participate in the labor economy?
no common values
"We love death more than you love life." Their highest aspiration is stated clearly in the motto of al-Ikhwan: "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."
Could it be possible that there is good reason for us to view Islam as inferior? What Muslim satrapy was not a primitive, backwards, undeveloped pit of misery prior to the discovery of massive oil reserves under the sand?
Why would we associate Islam with barbarism? Perhaps because of the Barbary Pirates? Or could it be because of chopping off heads and hands? Could Allah's bloodlust for genocide have some bearing on this?
Why would Islam be viewed as violent and supportive of terrorism? Could it be because of the Hindu, Assyrian & Armenian genocides? Could Allah's jihad imperatives in 8:39 & 9:29,. which are codified in Reliance of the Traveller, O9.8 & 9.9 have something to do with this perception?
Perhaps Islam is perceived as political because it conflates mosque and state. Could it be because Islamic law is derived from the Qur'an?
criticism of the west is rejected
Islamic criticism is rejected because Islam sees the speck in our eye, while ignoring the beam in its own. With all its flaws, Western Civilization is far superior to Islam.
Islamic hostility should be used to justify expulsion & exclusion of Muslims from Dar ul-Harb. Unfortunately, our elected traitors lack the spinal fortitude to do what must be done to preserve Western Civilization.
If we were not hostile to a war cult which seeks to subjugate the entire world, we would be suicidally insane.
There is no good reason why the followers of divine religions can not live together in peace. Christianity & Judaism are not in conflict. Islam, the source of conflict, is not a divine religion: it is demonic. Only a demon would deliberately create one group of people for the fire and another for Paradise. I refer to Moe's creation myth contained in Malik's Muwatta 46.1.2. Only a demon would set "great slaughter" as his Prophet's admission to Paradise.