- Statement 5 page pdf, scanned image from type written document.
- Full Report. A/HRC/15/53 19 page pdf, text based.
- Citations located:
- A/HRC/12/38 Previous special report concentrates on legal issues.
- Res 13/16 Apr30 '10 Defamation of Religions
- A/HRC/15/45 Report of the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related
intolerance on the implementation of General Assembly resolutions 63/162 and 64/147 07/15/'10
"Islamophobia" implies irrational fear and loathing of Islam. Since the hijackings, shooting incidents and bombings of the latter third of the last century and the more recent attacks in New York City and Washington D.C., fear and loathing of Islam is hardly irrational. The history of Islam is a 1387 year trail of blood and tears leaving an estimated 270 million innocent victims dead.
One of the most recent examples was the plan of a small group of individuals in Florida to organize a "Burn a · Koran Day" on ll September 2010. I very much regret this initiative and I welcome the reactions of a wide variety of political and religious leaders opposing it. This event demonstrates that actions undertaken by a small group of persons may sometimes have worldwide repercussions. It is vital therefore to exercise caution in denouncing such acts, so as not to play into the hands of such individuals.
International Burn a Qur'an Day consisted of a web site, a Facebook page, banners, emails and television interviews. No Qur'ans were burned by Pastor Terry Jones or his congregation. Bibles and US flags were burned and property damage was done by rioting Muslims.
President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton & General Petraeus did not exercise caution in denouncing the proposed Qur'an burning. They imputed death & destruction to Pastor Jones, instead of to its true source: the damnable doctrines of Islam enshrined in the Qur'an and preached in every Mosque.
play into the handsThat is exactly what their kvetching does: it gives those of us with rational objections to the doctrines and practices of Islam to expose them
to public view.
why burn the Qur'an?
propaganda for war
- Any propaganda for war shall be prohibited by law.
Qur'anic propaganda for war
- 2:216. Jihâd (holy fighting in Allâh's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allâh knows but you do not know.
- 8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do.
- 9:29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
- 9:38. O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allâh (i.e. Jihâd) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.
9:39. If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allah is Able to do all things.
- See also 61:10-13
- 9:111. Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allâh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur'ân. And who is truer to his covenant than Allâh? Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success .
- 9:123. O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allâh is with those who are the Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2).
- 9:41 March forth, whether you are light (being healthy, young and wealthy) or heavy (being ill, old and poor), strive hard with your wealth and your lives in the Cause of Allah. This is better for you, if you but knew.
Surah At-Taubah 111 reveals the relationship between Allah and Muslims. They are slaves, purchased to fight his battles. In the same chapter, verses 38 & 39 warn Muslims that they go to war or go to Hell. In Surah As-Saff, verses 9-13 tell Muslims how they can avoid Hell and enter Paradise: by jihad. If that does not constitute propaganda for war under ICCPR 20.1, what would?
The offensive verses listed above only scratch the surface of the evil of Islamic doctrine & practice. They are the most important objections to Islam. If international human rights covenants were enforced, those verses would be sufficient to outlaw Islam. For that purpose I call your attention to the International Qur'an Petition.
A growing cadre of lovers of liberty are wising up to Islam. A search for ban Islam turned up 12,400,000 matches. A search for outlaw Islam turned up 605,000 matches. The subject is turning up in blog posts, forums and comments all over the web.
negative stereotypingThis subject is raised on the fourth page of the statement.
Numerous cases of negative stereotyping of religions, their believers and sacred persons have also been brought to my attention. Among others, I received reports on TV broadcasts and cartoons depicting Jews, Muslims or other believers in a negative manner; public protests against the Islamization of certain regions or countries; or books that were considered as insulting of the Buddhist religion. While I regret these worldwide reports of stereotyping which do not contribute to constructive dialogue among communities, I nonetheless recognize that peaceful expressions of opinions and ideas should always be tolerated, as long as they do not fall under the specific restrictions enshrined in articles 19 and 20 of the Intemational Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. `
- Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.
- Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.
- The exercise of the rights provided for in paragraph 2 of this article carries with it special duties and responsibilities. It may therefore be subject to certain restrictions, but these shall only be such as are provided by law and are necessary:
- For respect of the rights or reputations of others;
- For the protection of national security or of public order (ordre public), or of public health or morals.
- Any propaganda for war shall be prohibited by law.
- Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.