I was working on my response to Obamination while listening to Haley, not really giving her much attention, so I sought a review. I found video at The Hill. I found a trranscript at Time.
Having viewed the video and read the transcript, I have selected key sentences, clauses and phrases which stand out like a boil on the ass of the party and highligted them for emphasis.
3:58 minutes into the speech, the excrement hits the fan.
- And many of your frustrations are my frustrations.
- A frustration with a government that has grown day after day, year after year, yet doesn’t serve us any better.
- A frustration with the same, endless conversations we hear over and over again.
- A frustration with promises made and never kept.
- We as Republicans need to own that truth.
- We need to recognize our contributions to the erosion of the public trust in America’s leadership.
- We need to accept that we’ve played a role in how and why our government is broken
They told us they could not resist the 'crat juggernaut 'cuz the 'crats held both houses of Congress and the Presidency. We gave them the House and they told us they could not stand up to the 'crats 'cuz they needed the Senate, too. We gave them the Senate and they folded like a house of cards for fear of "shutting down the government".
Yes, the voters of Ohio share some guilt 'cuz they kept John Boehner in office. The voters of Kentucky share some guilt 'cuz they kept Mitch McConnel in office. I plead not guilty: I never voted for either of those disgusting RINOs.
- During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices.
Must be she is only frustrated, not angry or not voicing her anger. Or is she only angry at Trump for crashing through the PC barrier, opening a gap which Dr. Carson and Senator Cruz passed through, leaving Bush on the other side?
- We must resist that temptation.
- No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws, and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country.
They hate our traditions:Christianity, liberty, equality & representative government. They ain't welcome!
- And in this age of terrorism, we must not let in refugees whose intentions cannot be determined.
- I have no doubt that if we act with proper focus, we can protect our borders, our sovereignty and our citizens, all while remaining true to America’s noblest legacies.
America’s noblest legaciesThat echoes Obamination's "best in us", click the link to see how I dissected that turd. We have been scolded that objecting to the admission of an enemy fifth column conflicts with the ideals enshrined in the Declaration Of Independence.
- We didn’t turn against each other’s race or religion. We turned toward God, and to the values that have long made our country the freest and greatest in the world.
Syed Farook and his immigrant wife were motivated to slaughter 14 innocent people by the damnable doctrines enshrined in the Qur'an & hadith. They showed us what Islam is & Muslims do; why the rest of them should be kept out. Our ideals & values are not in conflict with excluding inimical predators.
- Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference.
Trump, a 'crat opportunist masquerading as a Conservative, is saying what the party base longs to hear, singing their lyrics but, like all 'crats & RINOs, promises gold and will deliver shit.
To make a difference and restore the Constitution, we need to elect genuine Conservatives to replace the 'crats, CINOs & RINOs in congress and the white house.
- And as we usher in this new era, Republicans will stand up for our beliefs.
- We would respect differences in modern families, but we would also insist on respect for religious liberty as a cornerstone of our democracy.