Obamination: Jobs Obamination addressed the nation about jobs. Sort of like someone who administered poison telling you how to get well. The time has come to tell him, his administration and their enablers in Congress to go to Hell. If we won't tell them, who will? Lets not wait until November 6, 2012; lets do it immediately.The superscripts in the prepared remarks are linked to my contumacious comments, which follow. You can click the superscripts to read the relevant comment, then use your Backspace key to return to your place in the text.
Remarks of President Barack Obama
As Prepared for Delivery
Saturday, August 13, 2011
On Thursday, I visited a new, high-tech factory in Michigan where workers are helping America lead the way in a growing clean energy industry.
They were proud of their work, and they should be. They’re not just showing us a path1 out of the worst recession in generations – they’re proving that this is still a country where we make things2; where new ideas take root and grow; where the best universities, most creative entrepreneurs, and most dynamic businesses in the world call home3. They’re proving that even in difficult times, there’s not a country on Earth that wouldn’t trade places with us.
That doesn’t mean we don’t face some very tough economic challenges. Many Americans are hurting badly right now. Many have been unemployed for too long. Putting these men and women back to work, and growing wages for everyone, has got to be our top priority4.
But lately, the response from Washington has been partisanship and gridlock5 that’s only undermined public confidence and hindered our efforts to grow the economy.
So while there’s nothing wrong with our country, there is something wrong with our politics6, and that’s what we’ve got to fix. Because we know there are things Congress can do7, right now, to get more money back in your pockets, get this economy growing faster, and get our friends and neighbors back to work.
The payroll tax cut that put $1,000 back in the average family’s pocket this year?8 Let’s extend it. Construction workers who’ve been jobless since the housing boom went bust? Let’s put them back to work rebuilding America.9 Let’s cut red tape in the patent process so entrepreneurs can get good ideas to market more quickly. Let’s finish trade deals so we can sell more American-made goods around the world.10 Let’s connect the hundreds of thousands of brave Americans coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan to businesses that need their incredible11 skills and talents.
These are all things we can do right now. So let’s do them. And over the coming weeks, I’ll put forward more proposals12 to help our businesses hire and create jobs, and won’t stop until every American who wants a job can find one.
But we can no longer let partisan brinksmanship get in our way – the idea that making it through the next election is more important than making things right. That’s what’s holding us back – the fact that some in Congress13 would rather see their opponents lose than see America win.
So you’ve got a right to be frustrated. I am. Because you deserve better. And I don’t think it’s too much for you to expect that the people you send to this town start delivering.14
Members of Congress are at home in their districts right now. And if you agree with me – whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican or not much of a fan of either – let them know.
If you’ve had it with gridlock, and you want them to pass stalled bills that will help our economy right now – let them know15.
If you refuse to settle for a politics where scoring points is more important than solving problems; if you believe it’s time to put country before party and the interests of our children before our own – let them know.
And maybe they’ll get back to Washington ready to compromise, ready to create jobs, ready to get our fiscal house in order – ready to do what you sent them to do.
Yes, we’ve still got a long way to go to get to where we need to be. We didn’t get into this mess overnight, and it’s going to take time to get out of it. That’s a hard truth – but it’s no excuse for inaction. After all, America voted for divided government, not dysfunctional government, and we’ve got work to do. And when we come together and find common ground, there’s no stopping this country. There’s no stopping our people. There’s no holding us back. And there is every reason to believe we’ll get through this storm to a brighter day.
Thanks for listening, and have a nice weekend.
- Government subsidized & dictated proof of concept enterprises are not the path to prosperity. They are the path to failure. The Chevy Volt can not be mass produced at an affordable price. If it could be, the generating capacity needed to operate the fleet does not exist and will not because of onerous regulations blocking the construction of new generating capacity. Lighter, more efficient batteries will not solve the problem. The energy density simply is not available. There is no alternative to hydrocarbon motor fuel. Economic recovery needs to be demand driven, not government driven.
- This is a country with little remaining manufacturing industry primarily because of your allies: unions and crony capitalists. The unions priced labor out of the market. Government wanted "economic development", mis-interpreted as "industrialization", for Asia & Latin America. Crony capitalists wanted lower energy costs. Together, they shipped jobs overseas.
- No, Mr. President, this is America, not Israel. Get your bearings.
- Government's top priority is national security. We need prosperity to finance security and we need security to maintain prosperity. Employment & wages are not the government's province, they belong in the private economy. Government employs too many and pays too much, contributing to our spiral of economic decline, not curing it. We are deep in debt because of government profligacy, not despite it. Everyone's income is someone else's expense. When wages increase, prices increase... leading to demands for higher wages. Some of us are old enough and sober enough to remember what happened under Johnson, Nixon & Carter. By printing money, you are artificially inflating the cost of everything we need. By increasing the cost of fuel, you are inflating the price of all commodities, products and services. You're policies are the problem, not the solution.
- Strike Washington, insert The White House & Democrat Party. Barry bitches bitterly about his own conduct, attempting to project it onto others who are innocent.
- Your "politics": your Socialist Agenda & partisanship; those are the problem; what is wrong with our politics. This nation's economic salvation is dependent on the immediate resignations of yourself, the Vice President, the Secretary of State and your Czars. Go to Hell and good riddance to you!
- Congress can do nothing positive because AssWholes control the Senate and you wield the veto pen. Your words are perverse because you want the Congress to enact your own counter productive policies which will deepen and prolong the depression. Congress should reverse every Gd'd thing it did under the second term of Shrub and your first term. That would be a good start, but insufficient to solve the problem.
- That "tax cut" helps only those who have jobs, while they have jobs. It also contributes to the insolvency of Social Security and Medicare. Besides which it is a drop in the bucket while the flood of food and energy inflation spurred by your damn fool policies robs us of purchasing power.
- Nobody can get a mortgage. Union wages drive up housing costs. Federal regulations drive up housing costs. Artificially low interest rates distort the market. This whole problem stems from the idiotic and self-serving legislation & regulations of Franks, Dodd & co., exploited by their crony capitalist patrons.
- Please explain to us how you will engineer one sided trade deals so that our exports will increase but imports won't. How will you get the rest of the world to agree to that?
- "Incredible" skills? Exactly what part of their legendary skill and courage lacks credibility? If they are not credible, how can those skills be marketed at home in our domestic economy? How do we put sniping, defusing IEDs, rifle and artillery fire to work in the domestic economy? Will we put them to work putting down the riots you and your allies are working hard to foment with your class warfare politics? Or will Blackwater hire them and go to work putting down the riots in Europe? That would not be "at home", would it?
- Repeal Obama Dont't Care to reduce costs and increase predictability. Make the "Bush tax cuts" permanent by removing the sunset clause. Cancel the ass-idiot regulations that will double the cost of electricity. Cancel the new regulations on truck fleet fuel economy that will raise the cost of everything and put truckers out of work. Remove the restrictions on domestic oil exploration & production both on and off shore. Do those things immediately and make them permanent!!!
- Some in Congress: the G'd'd liberals and one in the White house; those are the obstacles to progress. We need to get rid of them and we can't wait until November 6, 2012.
- You delivered. You promised hope: you delivered despair. You promised change: you delivered ruin. Politics as usual: promise gold; deliver excrement. The electorate needs to learn from this. Most of them are not smart enough to learn. Everyone who voted for Obama should be removed from the voter rolls because they are incompetent.
- Let them know? Yeah, right. Members of Congress: if you voted for the stimulus bills, TARP or Obama Don't Care, resign at once. Do not pass go, do not collect a pension, just go to Hell. The American people are fed up with your conduct in office: misfeasance, malfeasance & non-feasance.
Readers, here is your assignment:
- Go to Facebook and ask to join Resign! Resign!! Resign!!!
- Go to http://www.congress.org/ Send an email to Obama, your Senators & Representative. You only need to know your Zip Code, not their names or district numbers. Include the url of this blog post and Resign! Resign!! Resign!!! [http://www.facebook.com/groups/144597398957614/] in your email.