This is the original image, as posted at BNI.
Bare Naked Islam posted a still shot taken from the video of the execution of the Qur'an at the Dove World Outreach Center. I saved that image, cropped, adjusted and enlarged it for maximum clarity.
Examine it closely. Note that the cover is to the right of the back binding. Arabic Qur'ans are printed from right to left, their bindings are on the right side, not the left. Note that the title is in English, barely legible.
In this cropped image, the Qur'an is brought up close. Note the title.
This cropped image has been enlarged as much as possible and adjusted for maximum clarity.
The English title is legible. Because of the binding and title, we know that the executed Qur'an was an English translation, not an Arabic Qur'an. Routledge encyclopedia of translation studies By Mona Baker will give you some important background information on the controversy over translating the Qur'an into other languages. When the PLO seized the Church of the Nativity, they performed istijmar with pages torn from the Bible. There was an on line fatwa permitting the practice, but it has been scrubbed. They don't consider the Bible to be holy, because the Qur'an supersedes it, and claims it to be corrupted. It is required that Qur'an recitation be performed in Arabic. They assert that no other language can convey the full meaning of the Arabic words. They consider translations to be interpretations of the meaning of the Qur'an, not the Qur'an itself, so burning it should be no skin off their noses. Pastors Jones & Sapp spent four hours trying the Qur'an before convicting and executing it. I was unable to view the streaming video, so I do not know what evidence was presented by the prosecutor, but I know that he is an apostate fluent in Arabic. The prosecution witnesses were also apostates. I have no knowledge of the evidence presented or witnesses called, if any, by the defense. I would like to see both sides post their briefs and evidence in pdf format. In any case, rioting, murder & malicious destruction of property in reaction to the trial & execution of a Qur'an translation do not defend it, instead they pile on evidence of its evil effect on believers. Obamination had remarks on the subject Saturday, since they are not yet posted on the White House blog, I rely on quotes found in a report on Yahoo News.
How anyone, especially the President of the United States, can impute sanctity to the Koran, or consider it to be sacred, is beyond imagining. What is sacred about a text which attributes divine sanction to imperatives for offensive conquest on a global scale, terrorism & genocide? Muslims & liars will aver that the Qur'an does not do so. I challenge them to disprove the obvious!
- 8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do.
- 9:29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
- 8:12. (Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
- 8:57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.
- 9:120. It was not becoming of the people of Al-Madinah and the bedouins of the neighbourhood to remain behind Allah's Messenger (Muhammad SAW when fighting in Allah's Cause) and (it was not becoming of them) to prefer their own lives to his life. That is because they suffer neither thirst nor fatigue, nor hunger in the Cause of Allah, nor they take any step to raise the anger of disbelievers nor inflict any injury upon an enemy but is written to their credit as a deed of righteousness. Surely, Allah wastes not the reward of the Muhsinun*
- 8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allâh desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
What can be more profane than attributing to deity a desire for genocide?
What is more intolerant than declaring war upon people because they do not share your superstition? Is there any rational excuse for tolerating that? The President of the United States implied that we should tolerate the damnable doctrines which motivated the Magnificent Nineteen to hijack four airliners and slit the throats of the flight crews with the intention of flying them into occupied office buildings.Demanding that we tolerate and hold sacred that which instigated Abomination 9/11 is treason, for which Obama should be impeached.
Bigotry implies prejudice. Jones judged the Qur'an, based on evidence. That is judgment, not bigotry. Obama is "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices" concerning Islam, in denial of the evidence.
When one Jewish tribe surrendered following a two week siege, Moe slaughtered all the adult men and adolescent boys. Everything he did is sunnah: exemplary conduct to be emulated. If no religion tolerates slaughter, then Islam is no religion.
- Sunan Abu Dawud Book 38, Number 4390:
Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi:
I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions) examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed, and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not grown hair.
Only Muslims are innocent, all others are kuffar and rebels against Allah.
- 5:33. The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.
- 'Wage war' mentioned here means, oppose and contradict, and it includes disbelief, blocking roads and spreading fear in the fairways. Tafsir Ibn Kathir