The true nature of Islam: a continuing criminal enterprise which propagates perpetual warfare for profit while camouflaged by a false mantle of religion, is mired in a deep and extensive swamp of denial. I repeatedly attack this issue because it is necessary to drain the swamp one drop at a time.What's Wrong With Islam/Muslims? at Islamophobia: Exposing Malicious Malarkey received a visit from Ryan, who left a comment which merits a better reply than a simple comment. Likening my analysis to dog excrement, he made three points. [Typographical errors original.]
3.) You make the mistake of assuming that all islamic manuals agree on what defines jihad. The truth is a hell of lot more complex, and there are scholars who have had differing interpetations. Just because a few guys have that interpreation odesn't mean all scholars do.
- When words are translated into actions, the actions give us the clearest possible indication of their meaning. Turn to page 385 of Guillaume's translation of The Life of Muhammad, where the story of Amr b.al-Jamuh is retold. "He came to the apostle and told him that his sons wanted to keep him back and prevent his joining the army, 'Yet by God, I hope to tread the heavenly garden despite my lameness.' The apostle said, 'God has excused you, and Jihad is not incumbent on you;' and to his sons he said, 'You need not prevent him; perhaps God will favour him with martyrdom,' so he went along with him and was killed at Uhud." A parallel story is found in Sahih Bukhari 4.52.84, explaining 4:95, which exempts the lame and blind.
There are 178 instances of "raid" in the Life of Muhammad, and 27 instances of "conquest".
- A search for "take not" in the Noble Qur'an [Hilali & Khan] returns 7 Surahs; these are the ayat prohibiting positive relations with Kuffar: 3:118, 4: 89, 144, 5: 51, 57, 9:23, 60: 1, 13. Moe curses us in 2:161 & 9:30. Sahih Muslim 6665 & 6666 say that Allah will take Muslims out of the fire, replacing them with Jews and Christians.
- Jihad is covered in Ch 30 of Al-Risala, Maliki Fiqh and Al-Hedaya, Vol II, Book IX, Hanifi Fiqh. Which of them contradicts Reliance significantly? This article samples 4 schools of jurisprudence. Will you accept the opinion of Prof. Salih Al-Fawzan? For a broader sample of ancient and modern Fiqh concerning jihad, see the Jihad in Fiqh chapter of FOMIJihad.chm.
Surah Al-Anfal treats of perpetual wars of aggression against pagans, the termination of which is conditioned on the cessation of resistance and a global monopoly for Islam. (8:39:1) And fight them waqātilūhum Surah At-Taubah treats of perpetual wars of aggression against 'people of the book', the termination of which is conditioned on subjugation and extortion.
The meaning of jihad is not dependent on any single scholar. It becomes clear when we perceive the congruent pattern formed by Moe's recitation & sunnah.
(9:29:1) Fight qātilū Get a God blessed clue!
- (2:193:1) ... And fight (against) them ...
- (8:39:1) ... And fight them ...
- (3:167:7) ... fight ...
- (9:29:1) ... Fight ...
- (9:123:4) ... Fight ...
Moe said something about that.
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah." Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have."
The first raid: on Waddan 281
The Qur'an contains two parallel fight-until loops and the hadith has a similar loop reflecting them. Is that mere coincidence? Get a God blessed clue!
Hamza's raid to the coast 283
Raid on Buwat 285
Raid on al-'Ushayra 285
Raid on al-Kharrar 286
Raid on Safawan 286
Fighting in the sacred month 286
The change of the Qibla 289
Battle of Badr 289
Zaynab sets out for Medina 314
Abu'l-'As accepts Islam 316
'Umayr b. Wahb accepts Islam 318
The chapter of The Spoils 321
Raid on B. Sulaym 360
Raid called al-Sawiq 361
Raid on Dhu Amarr 362
Raid on al-Furu' 362
Attack on B. Qaynuqa' 363
Raid on al-Qarada 364
Killing of Ka'b b. al-Ashraf 364
Muhayyisa and Huwayyisa 369
Battle of Uhud 370
The Quran on UQud 391 That is a significant sample of the table of contents of Part III of The Life of Muhammad. What was Moe commanded to do? What did he do?? Do you remain clueless??? Muslim apologists will assert that Moe only fought defensively, citing 2:190 and 22:39. What? Does "fight them until" only apply after they attack Muslims? Get a God blessed clue! Moe dictated and dispatched extortion letters. This is among the most explicit thereof.